1.Are your SIPs approved by all model code bodies?
Our SIPs are approved by every model building code in the U.S., including HUD, DOE, Dept's of Army, Navy, Air Force, ICC, City of Los Angeles;
2. If I already have plans drawn for conventional framing, will I have to re-draw the plans to use SIPs?
No, we can use your plans and convert them w/o any further concerns. We will also review your plans and identify and potential areas that SIPs will help to remedy or issues that can be simplified;
3. Will my plans have to be modified to build with SIPs?
Typically, all that we require is a full set of floor plans, elevations and sections just as you would with your standard plans;
4. What if my General Contractor doesn't know how to bid the job?
Shell can provide all necessary estimating information or work with your GC to plan the project. We also provide installation services and will train your GC on how to use SIPs properly;
5. What is my electrician going to think about using SIPs and will he charge more for something that he does not have experience with?
We have installed over 5,000 projects and will work with your sub-contractors to explain everything that they need to know about SIPs;
With our assistance your bids will be competitive!
6. Can you provide on-site Technical Service to get us started?
We offer on-site Professional Technical Assistance and Construction Management Services to insure speed and quality;
7. Are there any limitations to the use of SIPs in residential or commercial construction?
SIPs are approved by all Model Building Codes and are an approved alternative to conventional construction. Where ever wood framing is allowed, SIPs are approved. We also can provide a fire-rated SIP package for residential and commercial projects.
8. How do I deal with the electrical issues in my project? I have a lot of very complex wiring needs - can I do the electrical without paying a premium from my electrician?
We will review your plans and provide you with all of the necessary answers to your contractor's questions. SIPs can be competitively designed to utilize all current state-of-the-art electrical systems from the most complex to the very simplest layout and designs;
9. What do I do about plumbing issues such as vent stacks and drains, etc.?
We will assist your plumber or GC to solve these questions simply and efficiently - there are many alternative solutions that we can provide your contractors;
10. If my building is Type V Rated, do you have approvals for that type of construction?
Our SIPs have ICC approvals and are rated to perform in all Type V construction rated projects. We also have approved NFPA sprinkler details where sprinkle red buildings are required;
11. Are you approved in the City of Los Angeles?
Yes, our SIPs are approved in the City of Los Angeles and our company has done numerous projects within the City of Los Angeles;
12. Do I have to do anything special with my foundation design to use the SIPs?
Typically we will offer recommendations on how to streamline your foundation design. Since we also provide Full Engineering Services, we can also work with you to insure that the design is cost-effective and competitive in price;
13. How do I install the exterior finishes that i normally use such as Stucco, Ship Lap Siding, Hari-Plank (cement board), etc. ?
We can provide detailed installation bulletins that address each of these finish systems. We have a thorough understanding of the attachment issues and know how to solve them with most finishes;
14. Can you provide me with AutoCad files so that my architect can utilize any special details that you have available ?
Yes, because we work with so many design and engineering firms, we have standard construction details available in both DWG and PDF file formats;
15. Is there any warranty on the product and if so, for how long and how 'solvent' is the company that is providing the warranty?
The standard warranty is 20 years when our SIPs are installed by a licensed and approved contractor. The company providing the warranty is a NYSE listed public company with sales in excess of $2.7 Billion. We are the only SIP company that can provide that assurance and confidence.
Our expertise IS in the fabrication, management, design, engineering and construction of SIPs from Concept thru Construction
We provide our clients with a full range of services that allows our clients the maximum of flexibility and options so that our services can enhance and benefit the building process.
We DO WHAT WE SAY AND SAY WHAT WE DO and, we ONLY WANT TO DO IT ONCE!